BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Hi! It's the Little Jewish Girl From Brooklyn here...

Hi! It's the Little Jewish Girl From Brooklyn here...
Shalom & Wuuuuuuuz Uuuuuuup!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Does God care if I wear Red Shoes or Green?

Ok. I don't know about you! But I have ALWAYS wondered, "Does the Lord care whether I wear Red shoes or Green? I have attended LOTS of great Bible studies with balanced teachers who taught on the topic of God's guidance and attention to detail.

Let's face it! I know HE, the Creator, the Holy one has designed our planet, universe, world with unfathomable and awe inspiring detail.

I know the scripture says we belong to Him and are His sheep and that He can count every hair on our little heads. But what about the TINY seemingly unimportant details. Not to use the word "care" wrongly. I know God cares for us in every way. But does he wish to be part of the tiny decisions?

  

On one hand, I wanna answer you this way. "Come on folks! GET REAL! I seek God about my daily activities, decisions and attitudes. But when I hit my closet (as I am lucky enough to have a walk in closet now that I live in Nashville), I can't bare to ask God which shoes I should wear. I think it rather laughable. I'd worry about falling under the category of someone who is "so spiritually minded, they are no earthly good." In other words, someone who would spend an hour in the closet praying for God to show them which shoes to wear only to ignore the family God gave them to love and minister to.

On the other hand, my husband Joe made me second-guess myself tonight when I asked him this very question. Maybe God DOES care about which shoes we wear!! The REAL decision I was trying to make tonight was whether I should attend a Mother's (MOPS) group tomorrow or to stay home and rest. So the phrase I have been saying for years in my head pops out of my mouth and I said to Joe, "Joey, do you think God really cares about whether I wear the Red shoes or the Green?"

To which Joey replied, "SOMETIMES even details like which color shoes you wear could concern God. For example, what if you wear the Red shoes and they attract someone to you to come & talk. And because of that conversation, you get the opportunity to bless them with prayer or you get the opportunity to share your faith in Yeshua with them?"

DID I JUST SAY YESHUA while talking about SHOES? OK- I can hear the puns you are now creating in your head with me! But let's be serious for a moment.
Can we agree that sometimes, God does have a preference about the tiny seemingly unimportant details of our lives? 

LET'S PRAY NOW
Yeshua, I am no scholar so please forgive me if I've misunderstood your direction in my life. I ask you to make things plain to me with regard to the direction I am going. Like Moses said, I want to say now, "if you're presence does not go with me, I don't want to go at all." Help me to seek you for every decision of my life that might make a true and noticeable impact on others.

I love you and want my life to make a difference. I want  to be a blessing. Let me feel your peace as I make decisions that are good. And convict my soul when a decision is not the best one for me. I am completely filled with joy that I have a beautiful & loving God who loves and leads me like a little precious lamb. Thank you Lord for hearing this prayer for discernment. Amen. 


******************************************************************************************

SCRIPTURES I THOUGHT OF WHEN WRITING THIS:


Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Luke 12:7)

I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go. (Isaiah 48:17)

The LORD wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent
and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot 
 (An excerpt from Pslam 104)

Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. (Psalm 100:3)


"If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?" (Exodus 33:15-16, NIV).

ANOTHER GREAT ARTICLE TO CONSIDER READING
(it's about seeking God's presence)


Hope the argument I had with myself today inspires you to seek God in the tiny decisions especially where your decision will make a strong impact on others.
All my love, michelle




0 comments: