BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Hi! It's the Little Jewish Girl From Brooklyn here...

Hi! It's the Little Jewish Girl From Brooklyn here...
Shalom & Wuuuuuuuz Uuuuuuup!

Monday, February 22, 2010

WHY NOT MAKE MUSIC TOGETHER?

You have turned my sorrow into joyful dancing.
No longer am I sad and wearing sackcloth.
 I thank you from my heart, and I will never stop singing your praises,
 My LORD and my God. (Psalm 30:11-12)

It’s 4:40pm at the Gold-Franco house and Bella and I share something extremely special. Besides hugs and kisses and the regular day’s grueling schedule of being a Mom,  we STOP and MAKE MUSIC TOGETHER!!!           

Shaking the shakers in the air, Bella joins in by clicking her sticks. A few seconds later I hand her the my two blocks showing her the awesome rhythm they make. Then, the harmonica makes its sounds and before you know it, Bella and I are marching around the room singing and playing. I say to myself, “I cant believe I am marching around the room with a sinus infection and a headache the size of Brooklyn!" But we laugh and sing and supernatural strength comes over me when I see her joy!

This is the joy of music together. I’ll be teaching  a class this April in Nashville at the Green Hills Mall in TN. (Thursday afternoons) The class comes with 2 cds (one for the car, one for the house) jammed with phenomenal LIVE music for children with exotic tempos &  interesting melodies from all over the world, major and minor, and even some songs we all grew up with. It’s fascinating music to share.

12-STEP / OVERCOMER’S PERSCPECTIVE:
I sit on the couch now playing footsies with Bella. I wish every moment was like this. But it’s not. Sometimes she just cries and cries and wants to be held when I want a break. She tickles my toes and kisses one saying MMMMMMMMMMWA! LOL!  I am learning to ASK GOD FOR WHAT I NEED.  I need His SUPERNATURAL Power. 


Why not read the proverbs and psalms or scriptures everyday? His love and His word refresh us like a fountain pouring over us. Since becoming a Mom, I consider the Word of God medicine to my soul. I sit in bed with my coffee and my Bible. Without it, I tire, I have compassion fatigue and nothing within me sparkles with joy.

JEWISH AND MESSIANIC PERSPECTIVE:
I’m reminded of what I love most about my Jewish culture. When you are Jewish, it’s unheard of to have a celebration without a song and a dance. Davidic dancing, or dancing in a circle is something we do for fun and rejoicing. We sing and dance at weddings and at Shabbat Service on Saturdays. It is tasteful dancing, praising the creator of the universe and giving thanks.  (To check out FREE or affordable Israeli dance classes in your area, check out http://www.israelidance.com)

Though there are many bills to pay and miracles that I am awaiting, I forget all my worries and cares and remember what it means to come to the Lord like a child. Let’s learn to sing and dance and thank God even when things are not perfect.

LET'S PRAY:
Lord, I ask you for strength. Give me a heart of gratitude. Help me to sing and dance like a child. Let me experience your joy!!!

TO JOIN MY MUSIC TOGETHER CLASS THIS APRIL  (UNDER DIRECTOR,  KYM JOHNSON) 
OR GET MORE INFO, CLICK HERE: http://musiccitymusictogether.com.

New classes begin before April. Registration OPEN NOW! J see you there!

0 comments: